- AVALANCHE WINTER YOUTH RETREAT (grades 6-12) – REGISTRATIONS DUE IN BCC OFFICE THIS SUNDAY - This is an incredible weekend lined up for the youth from all of our District churches to meet at the Christian Conference Center (Gull Lake Ministries) in Hickory Lakes, MI, between Battle Creek and Kalamazoo. There will be options for fun … skiing, tobogganing, sledding, gaming room, bowling (in their own bowling alley), indoor rock climbing, and much more! Check out their website: www.gulllake.org The weekend will be packed with worship and digging into God’s Word. The theme is #Selfieless, the speaker is Jimmy Donaruma, pastor from New Jersey, and leading worship will be The Luke Cyrus Band. Sarah Lewan will be handing out packets to youth families on Sunday containing details on all of the above information. The Camper Medical & Liability Release form and $50 deposit (check payable to Bridge Community Church) is due in the BCC office no later than Sunday, January 17. The total registration price is $99, which includes lodging, programming costs, food (not Saturday dinner and Monday lunch) and entertainment. If you would like an Avalanche t-shirt, the cost is an additional $12 each and must be included with your deposit.
- ASSISTANT PASTOR UPDATE – PRAYER TIME FOR McCALLS – During Connections on January 17, we will have prayer time for James, Laura & Drew McCall, their transition and their ministry here. Everyone is welcome, even if you don't want to speak. Gather in the front right corner of the sanctuary once Connections begins, for the first 15-20 minutes of Connections, longer if the Spirit moves. If you need to slip out earlier, feel free to join for as long as you have time! They are packing today and start driving Saturday; their arrival target is Sunday, January 17 later in the day.
- GABON – Pastor Jacob, from Libreville, Gabon, will be at BCC . Those who are interested in the Gabon ministry in general and those who have gone to Gabon previously are welcome to eat pizza together with Pastor Jacob on Saturday evening, at church. Pastor Jacob will be speaking in the morning service on and hosting a Q&A in the Sanctuary during Connections. After Connections there will be a lunch for those who are going to Gabon in June. Sign-up sheets for both meals are at the Welcome Center.
- MINISTRY OPPORTUNITY - We need someone to manage and coordinate the Sunday Scripture reader volunteers. Please see Susan Freeman to find out what is involved.
- 2015 CONTRIBUTION LETTERS —These are now available in your mail folder. Please see Susan Freeman as soon as possible if there are any errors. Any letters NOT picked up by (24th) will be mailed to your home.
- SAVE THE DATES!
Avalanche Youth Retreat
Annual Meeting & potluck –
Deeper Life weekend with Ben Stewart will be at BCC. Details will be announced as they are developed.
, Jr and Sr High. $99. $50 deposit due to office no later than January 17. See more detail, above.District Women’s Retreat –
- CONNECTIONS – at each Sunday. This “second hour” offers a variety of opportunities to be connected with each other.
New Testament Survey—This group will look at one book in the New Testament each week. Facilitated by Po Wang; meets in Prayer Room
The Doctrines class—Each week one of the “BIG Ones” will be looked at—God, the Trinity, the Bible, Second Coming of Jesus, Heaven, Hell… Facilitated by Pastor Randy; meets in the Faith Hall
Connections Group—discuss some questions about the morning message, share our concerns and joys, pray for one another and CONNECT! Facilitated by Bob Bruhn; Meet in the Library.
Japanese Bible Study – Facilitated by Tokiko Zywicki; meets in Pastor Randy’s office.
Jr & Sr High Youth – Students in grades 6-12. Facilitated by Sarah Lewan; meets in the north end of Teleios Café (by the couches).
KidZone - 1-5th Grade meets in KidZone room
Preschool/Nursery – meets in Grace Hall
Adults may also mingle and fellowship in Teleios Café - the south end by the kitchen, where the beverages will be set up. Please do not walk through the youth class beyond the partition in the north end of Teleios.
Coffee, Tea and Juice will be available in the south end of Teleios Café—feel free to grab a cup of your favorite beverage and take it with you to class.
- AUDIO RECORDINGS OF SUNDAY MESSAGES – If you missed a Sunday message, the audio is available on the BCC website: http://www.
bridgecommunitychurch.com. Chose from the selection bar the series you would like to hear.
- BCC ELDERS ARE: Scott Crecelius 248-635-5577, Wesley Glasgow 586-795-2733, Jim Landback 248-549-0424, Dave Lewan248-544-8261, Jeff Powell 248-879-9936 and Jonathan Taylor 248-844-9247.
MISSIONS NEWS AND UPDATES:
- GABON STMTs in 2016 – Plans are being made for a 2016 Gabon short-term missions trip thru E4 Project; tentative dates are . For more information, talk with Don Thompson or email him at firstofsixdthompsons@
- SHORT TERM MISSION TRIP FUND – if you wish to contribute to Short Term Missions Trips, mark your contribution as “STMT” on your offering envelope. Monies contributed will be divided among the trips as needed. BCC partial financial support to those going on missions trips is limited to once/year to qualified participants. Please see Jeff Powell or Margaret Mountain for more information.
- SUNDAYS - prayer time in the Prayer Room for the Sunday service. All welcome!
- PRECEPT BIBLE STUDIES – Mondays – a study of the book of Acts (Part 2), or . Contact Carol Doyle email@example.com.
Thursdays/Fridays – a study of the book of Luke (Part 2), Thursdays or Fridays . Contact Kathi Fishbain at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- MEN’S BREAKFASTS – TUESDAYS – at the Maple Leaf Family restaurant (north side of Maple, west of Livernois);THURSDAYS – at The Hills City Grill (on east side of Rochester Road, just south of Big Beaver).
- NEEDLES OF GRACE – , (on the SECOND Saturday of each month) - join the group for a couple of hours on Saturday once each month, to work on your sewing, knitting, crocheting or other portable crafts. You may work on your own projects, or there are small and easy projects you may choose to do. There is an extra sewing machine or two available for use. It’s a great time of fellowship and learning in Faith Hall. Questions? Please see Dorothy Glasgow or Susan Freeman.
- ENGLISH CONVERSATION CORNER- BCC is hosting an “English Conversation Corner” on Friday,January 29 from in the Student Center (G building) at Oakland Community College, Auburn Hills campus. Park in Lot 14. Because it will be held on campus, a large student turnout is anticipated, so many English speakers will be needed! This is an opportunity for non-native speakers of English to come together with native English speakers to practice their English skills in a non-structured time, giving an opportunity to exchange ideas, learn new things about cultures and to develop friendships! Please let your friends who want to practice and improve their conversational English know about this event. And please come yourself! Contact Jeff Powell at email@example.com or Margaret Mountain firstname.lastname@example.org if you want more information about this event.
- WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY – Wednesdays in Faith Hall. Preschool and nursery child care are available for children of women who are in the Bible study.
- ADULT EQUIPPING HOUR – Wednesdays, . Pastor Randy is facilitating a study based on II Timothy. Preschool/nursery care is available for children whose parents are participating in BCC’s evening program. Bridge Kidz’ Club for children in grades 1-5 is held every from
- MEN’S GROUP on SATURDAY MORNINGS – Meets at at church (breakfast on your own). The men discuss books of the Bible verse-by-verse, and discuss what is current in their lives and the world.
- COLLEGE , YOUNG ADULTS & YOUNG MARRIEDS –
FACEBOOK LINK: https://www.facebook.com/
groups/204331062912703/?ref=tsYOUNG WOMEN – Wednesdays, with Lynda Glasgow in Teleios Café
YOUNG MEN – (post high school) Thursdays, in Teleios Café
YOUNG MEN – are going through “Glory Days” a look at Joshua, facilitated by Dave Lewan, over breakfast once/week. Please see Chris Witt if interested.
- YOUTH ACTIVITIES - Middle School & Senior High
FACEBOOK LINK: https://www.facebook.com/
groups/BridgeYUF/YOUTH GALS – Wednesdays with Lynda Glasgow in Teleios
AVALANCHE YOUTH RETREAT (Saturday – Monday) for Jr and Sr High. $99 for registration. $50 deposit due to office no later than January 17. Retreat will be held at Gull Lake Ministries Camp, Hickory Corners, Michigan.
- BRIDGE KIDZ’ EVENING CLUB – Wednesdays, – Kidz’ Club is for children in grades 1-5. Preschool and nursery care are provided for children whose parent(s) are participating in BCC’s evening program.
KIDZONE WORKERS - DURING SERVICE
Jan. 17 – Elaine P & Carol D
– Margaret M & Kelsey W
– Donna S & Deb W
PRESCHOOL WORKERS – DURING SERVICE
Jan. 17 – Tokiko Z & Haruko K
– Xiao Z & Lisa O
– Sharon S & Rita H
NURSERY WORKERS – DURING SERVICE
Jan. 17 – Vickie B & Julie C
– Patty K & Tricia R
– Anita A & Sharon S
PRESCHOOL/NURSERY – CONNECTIONS
Jan. 17 – Emily J
– Bernadette V
– Mary C
AUSTIN ANGEL – CONNECTIONS
Jan. 17 – Shirley S
– Mike P
– Chris W
Jan. 17 – Bob S & Matt K
– Susan F & Phil C
– Jim L & Phil C
– Joyce D & Rita H